Saturday, June 9, 2018

"Untouched" by The Veronicas (Her Perspective)

Yesterday was super heavy so we're gonna have some fun today.....Happy National Fuck Day! Thanks to the expert googling of a friend, I now know that June 6th is the designated day to celebrate fucking...you can figure out why that date is just perfect. It took me a minute but now I can't unlearn it. According to the Interwebs, National Fuck Day is where people celebrate by having a lot of sex, possibly with multiple partners (if that's your thing). Not sure anyone actually celebrates like this but I hope they do. I didn't know about it until a couple of weeks ago so I'll be busy buying a cake. From a gay baker. Because fuck the Supreme Court.

I had two songs in mind for today and I couldn't choose so there's going to be a Song du Jour and a Song de la Nuit. For the morning, we're going to get the girly bullshit out of the way and then we'll get into the hardcore stuff before I go to sleep. I'm doing it like a His/Her perspective, so in theory, this is what a girl/woman/lady is thinking when she is into a guy/man/gentleman. I don't know what the politically correct terms are for the genders anymore.....I'm sorry. I'm sure these songs are neutral and reflect what anyone is thinking when they want to have sex with someone, no matter what their orientation/gender. Man, that took a left turn....Have you heard "Untouched" by the Veronicas?

I like the Veronicas, I just haven't bought many of their songs. In fact, I think the only one I own is "Untouched" and that's because my mind is in the gutter most of the time. I enjoy this song for several reasons:

  1. The lyrics accurately describe what if feels like when someone has gotten under your skin. In a good way. 
  2. It incorporates violins and I love violin music. They always sound so beautiful and sad and desperate. And when you combine that with a powerful rock song, it's like magic. 
  3. It's catchy. 
  4. The video is pretty funny. The Veronicas are twins and they're at a fancy party where they both attract the attention of the same guy (he has a type). The guy, although quite handsome (in an emo sort of way), is a dumbass. Seriously?! I know the differences are tiny but they do have certain quirks that you can use to tell them apart if you're paying attention, especially if you like one of them. I am rolling my eyes so hard, you don't even know....But the video ends with them being all "Fuck you! Sistahs before Mistahs, bitch!" which is really the only acceptable ending. Sorry for my sassy commentary....I woke up feisty.
  5. I seriously didn't mind listening to it like 10 times while I wrote this post. I always listen to the song of the day on repeat while I'm writing. Partially, it's to get the damn thing out of my head. But mostly, it's so I can accurately capture my thoughts and feelings on the song. That's my method. Live it, Learn it, Love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment