Thursday, June 12, 2014

Throwback Thursday: "Faith" by George Michael

So, I listen to the radio a lot. You know that. It's inevitable -- I pretty much cannot drive whatsoever without music so if I don't have my iPod (or, more accurately, I forget to plug my iPod in before I start driving), I'll turn on the radio. San Antonio radio stations, if possible, suck even more than Sierra Vista radio stations. The only alternative rock station.....is the worst rock station I have ever heard. And that's saying something. And the modern music stations really take the 80s part of the "80s, 90s, and today" tagline really seriously. If I'm driving, I can basically hear Prince, Cindy Lauper, Madonna, or all three within the span of an hour. Yes -- I am finally over "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." It took nearly 27 years but -- yeah -- no more. Anyway, the other day, it's 5 am in the morning --I'm tired and I have already had to switch stations to avoid ::shudder:: "Moves Like Jagger" for the upteenth time in my life--and they play this little gem.


The 80s fashion in this video alone could cheer me up in a heartbeat. How did people take themselves seriously while wearing those jeans? And that jacket?! Oh, man...I'd hate to run into George Michael in a dark alley. Indeed, this song turned my dreary Monday morning into a feel-good adventure through one of the most poorly designed cities for torrential downpours. Surprisingly, I survived to drive another day. No, I don't recommend driving in SA.

It may not be a "Moonlight Sonata" or a "Bohemian Rhapsody" but it'll do. 'Cause I gotta have faith-ah-faith-ah-faith-ah.

No comments:

Post a Comment