Thursday, February 2, 2012

Song du Jour: Warning--Love Song Ahead

I Won't Give Up
by Jason Mraz



I've been missing The Boyfriend something awful lately.  He'll be visiting me in a couple weeks--for three days, which isn't near long enough -- and I can't wait.  I really can't and, as I speak, I'm working out my sh*t so that in the next few months, we might even be in the same city for once.  We've been through some hard times but after 6 years, I think things are starting to fall into place.  Thus, for today, an ode to all of the changes we've been through and hardships we've encountered.  He's not just my boyfriend--he is my best friend.   And--as we hurtle towards the eventual apocalypse, whether brought on by the zombie plague or nuclear war or melting ice caps-- that's who you need at your side.  Trite but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment