Thursday, February 9, 2012

Song du Jour

Everybody Talks
by Neon Trees
We wear black in the desert...
We're just that Badass
Oh damn, a happy upbeat song.  I told you what goes down eventually comes up.  Perhaps that's not how that saying goes.  Anyway, I like it.  It's cheerful and it reminds me of that giddy feeling when you're first starting to get to know a cute guy, especially when in high school.  What's that called?  Puppy love.  Did I mention it begins with a quartet-style harmony?  F*cking Bad*ss.  Sorry, I kind of wish barbar-shop quartets still roamed the streets...I think it would make life more magical with the power of live music.  I know.  I have issues.  Neon Trees is pretty awesome, as are their ideas for music videos.  The make-up for "Animal" was hardcore.  The "Everybody Talks" video is animated.  And involves a Ouija board and the band plays a gaggle of ghosts.  You can pinpoint the symbolism of that--a guy trying to get a girl's attention feels invisible so he starts hiding in her attic playing loud music.  I know that's the way to my heart.  Video after the jump.




No comments:

Post a Comment