Thursday, January 12, 2012

Song du Jour: January 12, 2012

Beverly Hills
by Weezer
OMG!  Sweater Vests!
I'm feeling an odd mix of nostalgic and ironic today....I must admit, a little good old-fashioned nerd rock is in order.  For the record, I effin' love weezer.  In my opinion, Weezer is one of the most iconic bands from my generation (meaning all you 90s kids) and if you don't have a little respect for their body of work -- well, you must not have a soul.  Or a sense of humor.  Great music and great lyrics and more often than not, it cheers me up to hear them on the radio.  Today's selection is Beverly Hills, because I've been feeling a little philosophical, wrestling with my demons and whatnot.  I've gotten this crazy idea in my head that I want to live a simpler life, with a Tiny House and tiny garden and a Pomeranian named Killa'.  But then I turn on the TV and one of them Kardashian b*tches is on the screen and I can't help thinking "Man, if I was a billionaire....I would show them how it's done."  Dual personalities dueling it out within my mind.  I should've been born a Gemini, but I digress.  By far one of the coolest songs to listen to while chillin' on the couch with your crew of anarchistic, wanna-be neo-punk friends--because we all know everyone has a token.  Favorite Line: Take my picture by the pool/'Cause I'm the next big thing.  True story, my friends.  Now excuse me....I have to pretend-shop for furniture for my Tiny House.  I'm thinking Ikea, baby.  Gimme, Gimme. 





No comments:

Post a Comment