Thursday, May 31, 2018

"Road to Home" by Girl in a Coma

I've been thinking a lot about my crazy days. Because every girl has a crazy period in her life....or she should. Otherwise, you'll be filled with regrets. I did a lot of stupid things and, to be honest, I kind of miss it. Not really the stupid things....I think it's probably a good thing I stopped drinking so much and stopped bumming cigarettes from strangers. It's more about the people I hung out with, how they made me feel. They made me feel - I don't know - cool, I guess. Maybe not cool, but maybe a little less lame. I never realized how rare those people can be, sometimes....

That's what "Road to Home" is about, I think. Thinking about who you used to be, who you could be if you tried. About how hard it is to find yourself sometimes....about how hard it is to be yourself sometimes. Going over everything you want to do with your life that you can't. And how strange and alone that can leave you feeling. Yes, I'm a bit melancholic today....Fatalist Jess is out in full force. Don't worry, though...she ain't too bad.

I love the bridge because it sounds so raw and earnest when Nina Diaz sings it. "You want to see the world/Don't you want?" Her voice is the reason why Girl in a Coma is one of my favorite SA bands. My favorite line in the song, though, is "Oh you don't regret a thing because it was fun at the time." Yes, wholeheartedly agree, I would apply this to each and every one of my crazy days. Now if I could only get over my bad self and just be who I want to be now. She's a badass, in my humble opinion. Not unlike Amanda Lepore, who is featured in the video and just looks stunning. Think what you want about transgendered people but here's what I know....it takes guts to do what you need to do to be happy - even when people refuse to understand and choose to hate you - and I admire that.

No comments:

Post a Comment