Sunday, May 20, 2018

Song du Jour: "Gorgeous" by Taylor Swift

This song is kind of ridiculous...but it's been growing on me lately. I didn't like it at first because it sounded like she was trying too hard to be - I don't know - synth pop? Is that the word? But, due to my son's obsession with Taylor Swift (he's inherited my terrible taste in music and apparently has a penchant for blondes....don't worry, one day I'll convince him it's all about brunettes), I've been to listening to T Swift practically every day. And every day, I find a new song. You can say what you want about her but that bitch is prolific. We'll come back to that again (probably in the very near future....I feel like I have a strictly Taylor rant brewing) but let's get back to why I like "Gorgeous."

I can certainly relate to the sentiment she's expressing. I, too, have a tendency to ignore a guy I'm attracted to. Especially when I think he's too good for me, which I think she's alluding to. Taylor is plenty gorgeous herself so if she can't hardly look at this guy, he must shine like a fucking star. Of course, she has a tendency to cast really hot guys in her videos and then date really average grungy guys (*cough*Jake Gyllenhaal*cough*). I think the only guy she dated I was on-board with was Tom Hiddleston. He has a great personality - now if only he dressed like Loki all the time. But he wasn't right for her, which was obvious from the start. He's too English, i.e., nice and proper and gentlemanly. Not that we don't have those types here in America, I'm just saying there's a lot fewer here. I'm going quit while I'm ahead and stop spouting stereotypes right now.

That's really the only reason I like it. Oh, and it's catchy as hell. Damn you, TS! Anyway, the song grows on you...mostly because it gets stuck in your head. There's no official video but there's a fan made one below.




No comments:

Post a Comment