Saturday, September 1, 2018

A Storybook September

No "Song du Jour" today, just some housekeeping. I'm going to be testing out monthly themes to better organize the songs I choose and ensure there's more variety from day to day. Otherwise, this blog will turn into mainly 90s nostalgia, angsty rock songs, and more Taylor Swift than the average human can handle. I also plan to build an "About the Writers" page and do some work to make the website more functional and mobile friendly.

For September, I've decided to start off with fairy tale songs - songs about fairy tales, influenced by fairy tales, written for fairy tales, or with lyrics that even vaguely mention fairy tales. I love fairy tales and some of my favorite memories are curling up with my dad to listen to him read a story from The Brothers Grimm. The imagery that is stirred up when you hear these stories makes for great music, with dramatic lyrics and epic melodies. They are a favorite influence for goth bands and pop divas alike, and I think it will set the stage nicely for October's them - which is, of course, all about the spooky.

As always, let me know if you like the changes or if you have ideas that I can write about in future posts. Thanks for reading, fellow music sluts, and have a happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment