Friday, February 1, 2019

February Theme: "They Love Me/They Love Me Not"

Merry Imbolc All! As you may have guessed, February's theme is love songs, all kinds. Sad songs, happy songs, lustful songs, break up songs, unrequited love songs - just the full gamut of this subject because, as I've mentioned before, most music written is about love, in some form or another. And, like a girl pulling petals from a daisy, you won't know if it's going to be a happy love song or a breakup song. I thought I'd go back and forth, because there are some really fucking great heartbreak songs that I know someone out there is looking for to heal Because that's how life is and you have to get through it however you can. I - personally - think music is a powerful way to pull your way through this existence. Nietzsche and I have that in common.

Anyway, no song today but a little housekeeping - my brief hiatus is over and I plan to be posting more on Music Slut again. I've gotten my energy and focus back, for the most part, so I hope to at least be writing on here at least three times a week, which seems to be a sustainable pace. Having that extra time to regain my balance was helpful and, if you regularly read this blog, thank you for your patience and understanding. Light and love, 'til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment