Wednesday, July 31, 2019

"The Last Song" by The All-American Rejects

This is just going to be a short and sweet song of the day, but I did want to commemorate the end of July 2019 formally. "The Last Song" is one of my son's favorites for our impromptu dance parties. I feel like it has a good vibe to end this month with. It's a reminder that goodbyes and moving on does not have to be bitter - in fact, it can be quite a happy time for the person who is moving forward. Hence the bouncy energy that runs through this song. Tyson Ritter wrote most of the songs from the All-American Rejects debut album in the aftermath of a bad break-up with his then girlfriend. Interestingly, this is the only song he says is not about her. He said it was about growing up and becoming who you were meant to be.....or some shit like that.

The hearts start breaking as the year is gone
The dream's beginning and the time rolls on
It seems so surreal, now I sing it
Somehow I knew that it would be this way
Somehow I knew that it would slowly fade
Now I am gone, just try and stop me now

We're ending what astrologer Austin Coppock dubbed the "Meat Grinder," which was the period between two eclipses on the Cancer-Capricorn nodal axis. This period also fell during Mercury Retrograde...fun stuff. But, we're ending July on some pretty spectacular astrological happenings. It's a Black Moon (or the second New Moon within a month), which apparently reaches its peak at 11:11pm Eastern Time (if you're into the numerology bit...I'm not but all the Twitter astrologers were freaking out), and it's also the last day of Mercury Retrograde. All the inner planets will be moving into the sign of Leo soon and will be hanging out there together for a few weeks, which is apparently a good thing. According to the Internet (and various professional astrologers), Leo is all about following your heart and courage, which is why it's symbol is the Lion. I'm all about that shit (Griffindor Pride! Wooo!) In other words, July 31 marks a definite ending and August 1 is a definite new beginning. If you believe in such things. On my better days, I do. My July was mentally taxing, but I don't think that's the planets fault. It's not anything's fault, it's just how things are sometimes. However, I do know August is going to be awesome, simply because I have a lot of fun, relaxing things lined up for the month. I'm ready, let's do this.

"The Last Song" Video

No comments:

Post a Comment