Monday, September 12, 2011

Pardon Me but....YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS SONG

I was listening to 98.7 LAs Best Alternative while picking up my sister from her culinary class today and the DJ was pimping this track, saying it was his "favorite new song."  Assuming it would be the next thing he played, what I heard was "meh...it's aight" and continued about my business.  Then, I start hearing this track that is badass and -- true story -- even though I was still driving, I had to check who it was by.  Lo and behold, it was the song the host was pimping.  I stand corrected -- it is not "meh."  In fact, it's pretty damn awesome, so awesome that I felt the need to share it as soon as I got home.  Well, not as soon as -- I stopped to have some greek yogurt.  But I'm here now and you must listen.

Considering that 98.7 called it new music and it's an LA station, it's a safe bet that my friends in Middle America -- whose musical pain I empathize with deeply -- haven't heard it and possibly, haven't even heard of the band.  Well...you might've...apparently the track is featured on Madden 12, so in theory, my dad and his football lovin' friends probably heard it before I did.  Ironic, isn't it?  Anyway, usually I give a long-winded rant about the merits of the song -- the lyrics, the vocals, the blah blah blah -- but, this time, I'll spare you my incoherent ramblings and let you just enjoy it. 

Without much further ado, I give you -- "Colours" by Grouplove

No comments:

Post a Comment