Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Song du Jour -- The Black Keys

Tighten Up
by The Black Keys
Nerds reading comics at a Ye Olde Time Gas Station
Peiter Van Hattem/Epitaph Records
I've been hearing this song everywhere lately -- in Pac Sun, on I heart Radio.....--okay, only two places I guess.  But it's awesome so I'll overlook that.  I love the Black Keys and especially this song because it's just the right mix of Indie and Blues.  Apparently, the upsurge of searches for Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks" has led people to this track on youtube and it's fairly popular -- only 18 people out 2,000 who actually rate videos dislike it.  I'm guessing those people are big fans of (insert terrible musician here).  A little tour FYI -- it looks like The Black Keys are finishing up in America with a show in Atlanta, GA on the 24th and then they'll kick off some European dates in January.  A lot of those dates will, in fact, be in the United Kingdom so I hope my British friends who read this (according to my stats, there's a fair amount)  will be able to check them out live soon.

My day in a nutshell -- woke up at the crack of dawn to drive my dad to the airport in zero visibility fog, The Boyfriend finally bothered to call, and my sister has some sort of weird eye disease.  Cute video that involves childhood crushes after the jump.


No comments:

Post a Comment