Friday, September 9, 2011

Song du Jour: Aly & AJ

Walking on Sunshine
as sung by Aly & AJ
I'm so happy!  I have a really exciting job prospect in my favorite US city.....New Orleans!  I've talked to the person in charge, and I've sent in my resume.  Sometime in the next week, there will most likely be a phone interview and if that goes well, they will fly me out for a tour and face-to-face interview.  I can not begin to explain how badly I want this job -- not only for the obvious reason that I've been having a hard time finding employment after graduating but because it's in a field I have a lot of experience in and have a strong passion for.  I have a really good feeling about this oppurtunity and I'm very confident/optimistic about my chances.  Of course, there are some logistics to work out -- mostly having to deal with moving across the country and issues with The Boyfriend -- but I'm sure things will work themselves out when we come to those bridges.  So, once again -- Huzzah for me!!!
Someone has to say it...
Those are some intriguing boots Aly has on.

Naturally, the song that most adequately reflects my mood today would be "Walking on Sunshine" and I chose this version because I have a lot of respect for the Michalka sisters both as musicians and as actors and it's a reasonably good cover.  "Please Please Please (Let Me Get What I Want)" by The Smiths would also have been appropriate but seeing as how it was Song du jour only a few short weeks ago, I vetoed the choice.  And, mais bien sur, the video will follow after you click.



No comments:

Post a Comment