Saturday, March 2, 2019

March Theme: "The Divine Feminine"

Happy March y'all! Spring is finally around the corner, the clouds are starting to lift, and - at least here in Central Texas - everything is starting to look a beautiful shade of green. In honor of Women's History Month, I've selected a bunch of songs that honor and explore the many aspects of the divine feminine. Before I go on - yes, I am well aware that "Divine Feminine" was a project by the late Mac Miller to honor his goddess (i.e., Ariana Grande). Though I haven't listened to the album yet (and I realize I need to), there will be some Ariana Grande involvement this month, because I adore Ari (and Cancer bitches need to stick together). There will also be plenty of Debbie (Harry), Billie, Stevie, Amy, and Alanis, just to name a few. I'll also be trying to interweave some stories of my favorite femmes throughout history, both real and fictional. And yes, the use of the word "femmes" was intentional - my feminism includes transwomen, so if you have have a problem with that, you're on the wrong blog. I'm going to try to get even more diverse this month, both in genres and artists, as well as integrate some musical history throughout. This month in music already started a bang with Solange Knowles (*cough*another Cancer*cough) dropping her latest album, "When I Get Home," at midnight on March 1st. If we can set that level of power and confidence as the bar, this should be a pretty good month writing-wise. Kicking it all off tomorrow with my favorite Blondie song, so stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment