Thursday, December 5, 2019

"Raising Hell" by Kesha feat. Big Freedia

I started today with this song. Kesha dropped this single just a few weeks ago and it has the sort of optimistic message I can get behind. In the lyrics, Kesha acknowledges that - yes, she's a mess - but she's survived the hard shit and she's happy now. And she intends to stay happy. (Same, girl. Same.) This is exactly the kind of song you listen to when you're getting ready for a Girls Night (if you're lucky enough to do such things). In fact, most of Kesha's music is like that - one of the reasons why I originally liked her style. Needless to say, I started this day off feeling pretty damn good and then was promptly reminded that I'm quite a mess myself. Which then led to me being reminded about how many people care about me. So, even if I'm a klutz sometimes, I'm also a pretty lucky bitch. I'll spare the details but I will say the situation was super embarrassing (but the witnesses got a good story to tell their friends!). And I may or may not be wearing a compression bandage to care for one of the various injuries I sustained. Good thing I don't take myself that seriously.

It's been a few days so let's get into our weekly dose of exploring my chart. Uranus is currently tearing up my 12th House, the House of Secrets and Hidden Things. Of the Unconscious, Self-undoing, and Imprisonment. It's associated with psychology, intuition/psychic ability, and dreams. It's also the House most closely linked to karma, our past lives, and our Destiny. I've been contemplating this lately and who I've become in the last year or so since Uranus entered Taurus. I used to keep a lot of things to myself - I am a very secretive and private person by nature, but it was also that I was kind of ashamed of a lot of things. Ashamed of the psychological issues that plagued myself and my family. Ashamed of the things that interested me - interests that a "smart girl" shouldn't even consider. Afraid that people would find out too much about me and not like me. Or worse....feel sorry for me. In the last year, though, I've become a lot more open with people - not just family and close friends, but also coworkers I consider part of my circle of trust. You know what I've found? The more honest and open I am, the more people seem to like me. It's weird. I used to really worry about bringing up topics that I'm deeply interested in - like the occult, sexuality, serial killers, horror/paranormal stuff, transhumanism, burlesque/pinup culture, fashion, etc - because I was worried what others would think if they found out I knew so much about this stuff. Slowly, though, all my fucks keeping falling away and I feel lighter for it. And I have good conversations pretty much every day. For example, one of my coworkers watched this Ted talk about evaluating the Psychopath Test and he thought about me. Not because I'm a psychopath but because he knew it's something I would enjoy, so he shared it. And that's the crux of it. Genuine connection grows in an environment where all parties feel free to be themselves. In a way, choosing authenticity for yourself encourages others to also be authentic. It's a good thing.

I'm all fucked up in my Sunday best
No walk-of-shame 'cause I love this dress
Hungover, heart of gold, holy mess
Doin' my best, bitch, I'm blessed

Oh, if you couldn't tell
We can always find the trouble, we don't need no help
Singing oh, mama raised me well
But I don't wanna go to Heaven without raising hell

It seems like all the podcasts I'm listening to keep bringing up Taurus for some reason, probably the Uranus transit. It's fun to listen to because my son's a Taurus - and he's turning out to be a very stereotypical one, too. All the information continues to color in the bigger picture. Anyway, Uranus is in Taurus until 2026, so what sort of craziness is in store for me? Well, the 12th House is the House of Imprisonment and Uranus is the planet that wants to shake things free. I foresee a lot more reliance on my intuition, possibly discovering and expanding on any natural psychic abilities (or maybe just trusting them, for once). Perhaps a renewed interest in psychology. Obviously, my 12th House is ruled by Taurus so it might have a lot to do with striving to embody the good qualities of that sign - like sensuality, determination, generosity, and abundance. Especially embodying a more grounded form of spirituality. It might involve trying to balance my karma or resolving issues from past lives (because I do believe in those things). There's lot to unpack in the 12th House. We'll have to see what unfolds over the next 6 years.

I've also been hearing more about embodiment therapy and somatic psychology. Both of these have to do with attuning to our senses and reconnecting to our body as part of the healing process. It's about literally "feeling" your feelings. Which makes sense - repressed emotions can lead to various health problems. The most obvious are addictions, but others can surface as gastrointestinal issues, breathing problems, body aches, a low immune system - I could go on but as I was listing things, I realized that I'm just going to list everything. Because the body is a holistic system - if one thing is off, it starts a cascade that slowly breaks down the whole chain. That's why stress management is so important. I know I'm rambling at this point but I can't help but hear the clicks starting to connect in my brain as a picture begins to form. More to come.

"Raising Hell" Video


No comments:

Post a Comment