Friday, July 15, 2011

Amazon aka The Greatest Thing Ever

Well, I feel stupid, ridiculous, and even a bit embarassed.  I don't know why it never occurred to me before -- I mean, I habitually check out the sh*t that iTunes is offering for free, why wouldn't I scuttle over to Amazon to see what they have?  True, only recently have I discovered their bounty of free eBooks-- most of which are written in German, but, hey, I'll take what I can get.  Little did I know that they also had a stash of free music, too.

Last night, I was looking at Neo Geo's website -- Neo Geo is a band that I downloaded off Fuse and was interested in hearing more.  On their website, they had an ad for Hardliner Entertainment's compilation CD, which was free on Amazon.  Sure enough, I go to Amazon and the page lists 10 songs that are there for the taking.  Good bands, too!   Bands I recognized like Authority Zero and Lionize...I'm super excited to listen to all of them and I'll point out the really good finds in my Weekly Haul. 

Anyway, it occurred to me that compilation CDs are a fantastic way to hear new music without spending a lot of cash.  Most record labels produce them as a way to advertise new artists on their label.  The hope is that you'll hear something you like and you'll buy more, either in CD form or off Amazon and iTunes.  It's a win-win situation.  And I'm ashamed I didn't capitalize on it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment