Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Song 'O' the Day

One More Minute
by Authority Zero


My boyfriend introduced me to Authority Zero about 6 years ago, when we first started dating.  He used to play this song all the time--not that I minded.  Every time I hear "One More Minute," I feel a deep, insistent longing to go to the beach, specifically in Monterey, California which is my birthplace -- a notion I have often explained to my friends as "spawning."  (If you don't get the reference to Rocko's Modern Life....well, you suck)  Anyway, the band is from Mesa, AZ, and being stuck in this wasteland myself, I can sympathize with daydreaming that you're in a cool oasis somewhere, sipping daquiris and lounging by some body of water, man-made or otherwise....Las Vegas is one of my favorite fantasy spots, as are New Orleans and Paris.  Anyway, I love the ska sound and have been entranced by the scene every since I participated in my first heathen dancing circle -- aka "skanking" -- my first weekend at university. 

No comments:

Post a Comment