Saturday, July 23, 2011

Amy Winehouse, Dead at 27

Amy Winehouse, troubled singer of such hits as "Rehab", was found dead today in her house.  She was 27 years old--barely the age of my older sister.  Although I doubt this surprised anyone, it's still sad.  Aside from her talent as an R&B singer, she was perhaps more commonly known for her alcohol and drug addictions and mental health issues, jumping in and out of rehab centers and psychiatric facilities.  The cause of her death is cited as unknown right now, but we all know what will eventually be reported.  No link for this one; I'm sure it's all over the Internet if you want to know more. 
Amy Winehouse
1983-2011

2 comments:

  1. Such a tragedy.
    She will always live on in her music
    R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame. She had such a beautiful voice. I hope she rests in peace.

    ReplyDelete