Friday, July 22, 2011

Wildwood: An Indie Bedtime Story

I guess writing a children's book is a popular trend in celebrity side-projects.  Just look at the Samuel L. Jackson narrated "Go the F*ck to Sleep," the genius of which lies in its overt candor.  Colin Meloy, Decemberists frontman, has written a young adult novel titled "Wildwood," which was illustrated by his wife, Carson Ellis.  From the description, I can picture a successful film possibly being under consideration -- something dark and fanciful like "Coraline" or even vaguely reminiscent of 80s animations like "The Last Unicorn." Don't ask me why I like to dream up movie versions of already amazing books -- it's a problem I have and I'm seeking treatment.  Meloy, as a companion to this book, has compiled a playlist to go along with it and, although I doubt I will read the book until I become a baby mama, I'm curious to see how well the music follows the story. 
Read more about "Wildwood" at Rolling Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment