Thursday, July 21, 2011

Song 'O' the Day

Make Me Wanna Die
By The Pretty Reckless


For those of you who haven't heard The Pretty Reckless, it's the band fronted by Gossip Girl alumnus, Taylor Momson -- or, if like me you never watched that show, Cindy Lou Who from "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas."  I know....it's amazing how a few years will morph a person.  Anyway, I stumbled on this song during an iTunes giftcard spree and liked it so much that I felt compelled to buy the full album when it came out a few months later.  It's a pretty good starter album with a good variety of songs -- and the scale that I judge good variety on is the whether or not all the songs sound similar.  I'll expound later on the virtues and vices of their first album at a later date.  As for the song, I'm digging the vampiric-theme and have decided that if/when I get cast as the title character in an Anita Blake television series, I'm going to recommend that this be the theme song.  Don't you just love the little snippets of my rich fantasy life?  

No comments:

Post a Comment