Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, MTV

If you didn't know, MTV turned 30 on Monday (Aug. 1st).  Yeah....that sounds a little bit too old to me too, especially since they've devolved from showing music videos 24/7 into the reality television bohemoth it is today and produced such monsters as "Teen Mom" and "Laguna Beach."  Now, even though I have a horrible addiction to ridiculously bad reality tv, I haven't watched much of the MTV shows (with the exception of My Super Sweet 16).  My first roommate at University loved that stupid Laguna Beach show and, you guessed it, hijacked my TV whenever it was on --which, weirdly enough, was all the time.  Seriously, how can one season have like 72 episodes!!!!?  Needless to say, I read a lot of books my freshman year.  Regardless of how you feel about it's metamorphasis, MTV is a part of music history, without which we might not have gotten the privilege of seeing Beyonce's "Single Ladies" video which is--as everyone knows -- the greatest video of all time.
Read more at the LA Times

No comments:

Post a Comment