Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lady Gaga's New Down Home Artistic Vision

Jo Calderone, Gaga's male alter ego
Well, she's done it again.  And this time, she's in full-on male drag and a rather elaborate mermaid costume.  True story.  Not very surprising.  We all know she has a truly unique artistic point of view, especially when it comes to her wardrobe and music videos.  What I find interesting is the song....I haven't heard "You and I" before (I'd be a better lil' monster if I could spare the dough) and I really like the slight country twang of the track.  And the thoughtful lyrics remind me of my own life and my small town roots.  I know most people only know her for the electronic dance music that brought her into the spotlight, but she has an immense talent which is can is showcased spectacularly when she breaks the mold the industry has built for her.  Sure, the video features outrageous fashion, a sexy guy (not Gaga's male alter ego...although, I'm not gonna lie, she makes a pretty decent-looking guy), and plenty of glitter, but when she breaks it down on the piano in a Nebraska cornfield, you can understand why she's so popular.  Great video.  Check it out after the jump.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment