Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Song du Jour: Dirty Vegas

Changes
by Dirty Vegas
This one is from this week's haul.  Every time I hear it, I like it more and more.  Sure, the lyrics are repetitive but Dirty Vegas is a House band and it's meant to be danced to, anyway.  I think this an excellent Getting Ready for a Good Time and I can already picture it playing during a makeover montage in a Bro-mance.  The video sort of gives that impression, except that the main character is more pathetic than the film version.  According to wikipedia, this song came out in 2009, which is odd because I was under the impression that it was relatively recent.  Whatever....it's still a fun song, even if it's got a few years on it.

In other news, I really need to stop watching the History and Science channels.  They exacerbate my already grim outlook for the future.  I'm not a 2012 believer, but I'm not clueless enough to think that nothing is happening right now.  There's been a noticeable increase in environmental disasters, the stock market is doing backflips, and our government is literally getting nothing but sh*t done.  Not to mention the influx of disaster films being made and advertised.  I believe that Hollywood reflects the pulse and psyche of America and it's pretty clear that, in general, we're pessimistic about the state of the union.  That, and the films coming out -- like "Contagion" -- actually look frighteningly good.  That doesn't necessarily mean they are; it just means that those trailer editors are definitely earning their paychecks.  Perhaps it's because I watch too much TV and the photons are warping my brain, but a lot of these End of the World specials -- like "Earth 2100," the Curiosity episode about an Alien Invasion, and "Prophets of Doom," which is what I allowed to scare the bejeezus out of me this morning -- the logic presented makes alot of sense to me.   But, to tell the truth, a tiny, deep, dark part of me is kind of looking forward to an apocalypse scenario.  That is how boring my daily life is right now.  Anyway, the "Changes" video is after the jump. 






No comments:

Post a Comment