Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hipster Pocahontas...Because the Internet Understands Bullsh*t

Some Girl I Ran Into at Starbucks
In case you were wondering, the Flood-In-My-Kitchen fiasco is under control now.  We're covered by insurance (Huzzah!), so the fact that they have to basically re-drywall our living room and re-carpet isn't a big deal.  In fact, my mom has embraced it and is considering tiling the bitch and adding an accent color for the wall they're going to re-do.  My sister out east survived Hurricane Irene -- Philadelphia may not have been directly impacted but they did get a sh*tload of rain -- enough to warrant shutting down Septa.  I imagine riding the underground trolley system can't be much fun, especially in Center City.  Weekly Haul will be up tonight, even if it kills me.  Dealing with our little situation turned me into a total blog slacker on Friday.  Whatevs.  It happens.

I was on the 3G Interwebs with my awesome smartphone the other day and I stumbled upon a bunch of hipster memes. The above picture made me bust out laughing because I've had people say that to me a lot.  By far the funniest thing about the hipsters is how pissed you get when you have heard of something (music, books, movies) they're talking about (which I do....I'm smart and have a wide variety of obscure interests myself.)  Bonus points if you can point out if something sucks and give them a detailed explanatory rant--regardless of your own personal feelings on the topic, of course.  It's okay to like sh*t that isn't up to rigorous standards -- they're called Guilty Pleasures or haven't you heard of them? Other favorite hipster meme images included a Gaston who critisizes Belle for reading something with an Oprah Bookclub sticker (it's not the sticker that annoys me so much as how much the book costs after it gets stamped with it) and a Princess Tiana who is saving up for Doc Martens.  I used to wear Docs all the time in high school and I didn't realize that, rather than a punk thing, they're now a hipster staple.  Again, whatevs.  They're still good, sturdy shoes that can take a beating.

Oh. My. God.....what if I am a hipster?!  Shit...I don't think my bank account will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment