Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Song du Jour: Oh Land

Son of a Gun
by Oh Land
How Dare He!?!

This one is from the weekly haul before last.  Warning -- It's catchy....I can't promise that it will get stuck in your head but it's statistically probable that it might.  For those of you who aren't familiar with Oh Land, she is a Danish transplant to New York--and by Danish, I mean she's really Danish...her name starts with one of those weird scandinavian Os with a slash through them.  I have no idea what the letter is called -- I searched an entire wikipedia page on the symbol and the most I could come up with was "slashed o" so if someone could help me with that, I'd appreciate it.  Back to Oh Land -- She's been around since 2008 and generally deals in pop electronica, so if you here me refer to Goldfrapp and Little Boots a lot, that's why.  This song typifies the idiom "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."  Basically, she's telling titular "son of a gun" (or bitch, as my brain is already replacing the lyrics) that he can go f*ck himself because she's not going to pull him out of the mess he's made.  Damn skippy.  Let the bastard fry....er...drown. 

I finished Foundation by Isaac Asimov and have moved on to Foundation and Empire.  I started the Zombie Apocalypse Drill website -- well, my hand was forced.  The Boyfriend decided to tell everyone on the Facebook Event page that the website would be up "in a couple days" even though he hasn't told me what he wants on it.  I'm flying blind here but I'll still be the one who gets the heat if something isn't put up soon.  So, if he doesn't like the dramatic spin I'm putting on it because that's just how I roll, he can go suck a bag of dicks.  Word to the wise -- don't settle for a lazy-yet-overzealous boyfriend.  Oh...and did I mention that I had to wait for my sister to get out of class in the Serial Killer Snatching Grounds on post.  For damn near a whole hour.  Seriously, I could've been stolen and they probably wouldn't have found my body for years. Oh sure....blame it on my overactive imagination.  Video after the jump, of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment