Thursday, August 25, 2011

Song du Jour: Theory of a Deadman

Hate My Life
by Theory of a Deadman
You know....I didn't realize how long it had been since I had a true "Fuck My Life" moment until I woke up this morning.  And by woke up, I mean my mom barged into my room--some time before the sun came up....I couldn't tell you an exact time because I was all like (-_o) -- babbling about a flooded kitchen.  I didn't want to get up and see what she was talking about.  In fact, I seriously debated whether to get out of bed but my conscience won out and, sure enough, I walked into the kitchen and the floor was under a half inch of water.  The filter on our refrigerator broke -- apparently, there is something that keeps the water from leaking out? -- and, to my dismay, my efforts to squeegee as much water as I could with our mop were hindered by the constant trickle that came out of the bottom of the fridge.  We have professionals (cleaning crew and insurance claims adjustor) handling it now and they are doing everything short of tearing our house down because the leak caused a fair amount of damage in the short time before we discovered it, so I'll still be pretty miffed all day. 
Lesson Learned Today:  When you don't know where to begin, the most important thing is to just get started.
I couldn't think of a song off the top of my head that adequately embodies my frustration so I settled on "Hate my Life."  I'm trying to count my blessings, but I'm annoyed, tired, and I had to resort to McDonald's (I f*cking hate that place) for breakfast, so don't test me.  I'm already running on a paltry amount of sleep thanks to my insomnia problem without sh*t like this happening.  Fuck this game....Video after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment