Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Song 'O' the Day

Don't Need A Reason
by Dare


Who doesn't love the show "Wonders of the Universe"?  In particular, I am enthralled with Professor Brian Cox and his tangents on physics because -- well -- they are amazing, especially when he starts getting all philosophical.  Anyway, Brian Cox -- before getting a PhD in high energy particle physics -- was the keyboardist in a couple bands.  One was an 80s hair band called Dare (see video above) and the other was a 90s party/dancewave band called D:ream (no, I do not know why the colon is necessary.)  I was feeling whimsical and thought I'd share this little gem with you.  Personally, hair bands aren't at the top of my musical favorites list but they do fascinate me as "artists of fame," perfecting gender-bending fashion trends and generally serving as precursors to Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Adam Lambert, and their ilk.  And, let's face it, The Prof can do no wrong in my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment