Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Song du Jour: My First Earthquake

Cool in the Cool Way
by My First Earthquake

Requisite Indie Photo Op in front of a mural
This is quickly becoming my new favorite song.  Why, you may ask?  Two words:  Sarcastic lyrics.  It's funny and serious at the same time, just like me on a good day.  Also, the keyboard breakdown at the bridge is epic, especially paired with the synthesized vocals -- Am I a dork?/I've got a robot name/ Like I care/Call me it just the same.  Hi-larious.  Bass-line also kicks ass, and serves as a strong opening, even when it's paired with an abrasive buzz during the introduction (similar to the one that begins "Can't Get Away" by Stardeath and White Dwarfs).  I'm sorry--I'm very sensitive to harsh sounds, so give me a break.  I've downloaded a couple more of My First Earthquake's songs just to confirm my diagnosis but I think we have a winner!

Remember that Zombie Apocalypse website I was supposed to work on yesterday?  Yeah, that didn't happen -- I got distracted by coloring books and a short story I'm writing.  Which is also why I didn't bitch about the VMAs in a timely manner.  Don't worry -- I'll have a rant up later today.  Video after the jump.




No comments:

Post a Comment