Monday, August 22, 2011

Song du Jour

The Roller
by Beady Eye

I have no idea why, but I always feel like I'm supercool when I'm listening to this song.  Doesn't make any sense but there it is.  Beady Eye, for your information, is basically what Oasis turned into after Noel Gallegher left in 2009.  If you didn't hear, Liam and Noel are still duking it out in civil court, so don't expect a reunion any time soon.  "The Roller" was released earlier in the year as the band's first commercial single, which is about when I snapped it up for free at Fuse.  Now, in my head, when I hear the song, I picture this cool guy from the 60s -- suede fringe and all -- showing up in a small town and basically inciting an orgy at a school dance or something.  Don't question why my mind goes there, just accept that it does.  Regardless, it does have a great vintage feel to it, vaguely reminiscent of The Beatles, and, you'll see in the publicity stills, the band is rocking a Mod look.  Groovy, Man.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment