Thursday, August 18, 2011

Song du Jour

This is a Trick
by Chino Moreno
Remember that awesome free EP I downloaded a couple weeks ago....well, I felt it was time to share some of it's goodness with you.  That and I had really weird cryptic dreams involving The Muse and this proved to be an accurate accompaniment because....indeed....those dreams must've been a trick.  It's darkwave/ambient electronica and you know how I feel about that.  This is my favorite track on Crosses and, if I could describe the aura, it would be haunting with a little bit of repressed anger/angst.  Perfect for a horror movie soundtrack, especially one of those artsy ones that make me feel like an uncultured idiot.  I'd also like to note that I love Youtube and it's myriad of contributers -- this EP has only been out a couple weeks and someone has already made a video for it.  A simple video, but a video nonetheless.  Just FYI, I'm trying something different -- as you may have noticed, I rely heavily on videos for this blog, which, although helpful, affects the scrolling speed on my laptop (which is kind of old and slow).  So, to combat this problem, I'm going to put videos after the jump so you all won't have to deal with the slowness--even if you're not encountering it yet.  I hope that helps somewhat.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment