Thursday, August 11, 2011

Song Du Jour

Stuck in my ID
by Reptar


Today was one of those rare occasions when I actually woke up with the Song 'O' the Day stuck in my head.  Yes, it's one of those sticky songs but, trust me, it's good.  I just want to dance when I hear it.  And not respectable dancing, either!  More like really awesomely bad dancing -- I'd start with that move where you alternate your hands reaching up to the ceiling (don't know if it has a name); then I'd break it down with The Twist coupled with some Spirit Fingers; and then I'd follow that up with a full minute of The Running Man, which, by the way, is excellent aerobic exercise.  What can I say?  My sense of dignity is severely warped.  As I said before, Reptar does remind me vaguely of Passion Pit -- not so much in the vocals as in the background synths.  I got this track off Spinner and I want to say I saw it on RCRD LBL but I'd probably be lying.  Oh, and before you ask -- I have no idea if they got the name from "The Rugrats".....but I don't know of any other Reptars, so I believe it's statistically probable that they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment