Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Song du Jour: Foster The People

Pumped Up Kicks
by Foster the People
Here's the band...loitering...
I've been hearing this song on our modern radio station a lot, which surprised me because they often don't play music this cool or interesting and they rarely, if ever, play indie music.  If they do, they play it only when someone requests it.  As you know, I live in a small town and the radio station usually only gets the mainstream stuff right away and if they play something that veers off the beaten path, it's at the DJs discretion because -- I'll say it -- the station managers don't give them alot of leeway when it comes to playing something other than what's popular.  Anyway, this song has a sort of zen, laid-back vibe-- of course, when you listen to the lyrics, you realize that the song is about a kid who is either about to shoot up the whole neighborhood or is seriously thinking about it.  Hardcore shit, man -- how the hell can Foster the People sing about that and then have whistling in the background?!  I know, I know-- sardonic social commentary, blah blah blah.  And really, who am I to talk -- I wrote a few chapters in the book of Cynicism myself.  Video after the jump and a short b*tchfest about my morning.

Here has been my day so far, dear friends.  I've been up for like 3 1/2 hours already after only 5 hours of sleep...I had to drive my dad to the airport because he had a last minute business trip.  I must be some sort of expert on driving to the Tucson airport --this entire summer, I've driven him to and from the airport on average of about once a week and that's a conservative estimate.  You know what dismays me the most about these weekly excursions?  I can be speeding the entire way -- going 10 miles over the limit, at times -- and it still takes me over an hour one way.  Relax -- it's Arizona....the only people who give a sh*t about the speed limit are the out-of-town drivers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment