Monday, August 8, 2011

Song du Jour

Rich Girls
by The Virgins



Since the stock market is in the toilet after the S&P downgrade of the US Credit rating, let's start today off with something a bit more cheerful than reality permits.  This track has bouncy, disco-esque beat that you can't help but dance.  I first heard it while shopping in Express and, as is my custom, I wrote down the lyrics so I could add it to my list.  Sadly, it's about the only track the Virgins are known for -- they only have one full album thus far.  Anyway, the lyrics are fantastically tongue-in-cheek--We walk around pretending we're all grown up/ Hey Rich Girls/ Can you tell me why you're so stuck up? -- it gets me every time.  The bridge is kind of random but hey, no one ever listened to disco for the f*cking lyrics.  Great song to strut down the street while wearing uber-tight pants and a satin button-down.  Not that I do that on a regular basis....it's more like an occasional weekend thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment