Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Song 'O' the Day

Jenny Says
By Cowboy Mouth


I'm done being angry and political.  Sorry about that...yesterday was just really stressful and I've been super down lately.  Anyways, Today's song du jour is by Cowboy Mouth, one of my absolute favorite bands.  They are from New Orleans (which, if you remember, is one of my favorite cities) and they are the definition of Southern Rock.  They mix blues, country, and good old-fashioned rock &roll and put out what can only be described as amay-za-zing music.  I have had the pleasure of seeing them play live (in El Paso) and they are fantastic!  The singer/drummer, Fred LeBlanc, can rile up a crowd like nobody's business and Regina Zernay is an incredible bassist but she has since left the band.  She has been replaced by Casandra Faulconer, continuing the bands string of awesome female bassists.  Check them out more if you are interested.  My favorite Cowboy Mouth song:  "Hole in my Heart."  The raw power of the lyrics will blow you away.  Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment